.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

GYPSY SOUL

Because we all want to be free, we all want to dance, and we all want Humphrey Bogart.


More gypsy inspiration:

So I'm back to the velvet underground, back to the floor that I love
To a room with some lace and paper flowers, back to the gypsy that I was
And it all comes down to you, well you know that it does, well
Lightning strikes, maybe once, maybe twice
Oh and it lights up the night and you see your gypsy
You see your gypsy, to the gypsy that remains
She faces freedom with a little fear
I have no fear, I have only love
And if I was a child, and the child was enough for me to love
She is dancing away from you now, she was just a wish
She was just....a wish
And her memory is all that is left for you now, you see your gypsy
Oh, you see your gypsy, oh, lightning strikes
Maybe once, maybe twice
Oh and it all comes down to you
Oh I still see your, your bright eyes... bright eyes...
And it all comes down to you.

- Fleetwood Mac












... and of course the most famous gypsy of all, Victor Hugo's Esmeralda:



I have been in a very gypsy mood lately, perhaps because it is summer and I am (finally) on holiday. 
Even under normal circumstances, I am unreasonably obsessed with gold upper-arm bracelets, cuffs, and bangles, but the summer heat has taken it to a whole new level. I have been searching for not only the perfect maxi dress, but also long skirts like Shakira's... ahhh to walk around in her black ensemble everyday, barefoot in the sand dripping with ropes of exotic gold!





Oh and her man isn't bad, either.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...