.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010






“And if I’m scared to do something, 
or wondering if it’s the right move, 
I try to think about how I’ll feel about that choice when I’m 80, 
propped up on a feather bed eating chocolate truffles for breakfast
and reminiscing about my wild youth.”


- Aisha Tyler



“Dance is the language of the soul.”
- Martha Graham


“A man should be a man and a woman should be a woman.
We don’t have to be the same to be equal.”
- Rosario Dawson



“I don’t mind when people say I’m a dumb blonde,
because I know I’m not really dumb.
Or blonde!”
- Dolly Parton



“The more feminine a woman is, the stronger she is.”
- Coco Chanel



“Exquisite taste should never be denied.”
- from Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert


“Getting successful is more fun than being successful.” 
- Simon Cowell


“Imagine young people would grow up with the feeling
that you have to be a hero to do your human duty.
I am afraid nobody would ever help other people, because who is a hero?
I was not.
I was just an ordinary housewife and secretary.”


“True beauty is grace, gratitude, and generosity.” 
- Reneé Zellwegger



“Crying is the refuge of plain women.
Pretty women go shopping.”
- from A Good Woman  



“I have many beliefs. 
The value of eating well is one of them.”
- Oprah Winfrey



“Woman is the sun, an extraordinary creature,
one that makes the imagination gallop.”
- Marcello Mastroianni



“When everything goes wrong, there’s only one thing to do. 
Attend a fabulous party.”
Sex and the City



“Oh my my, oh hell yes,
Honey put on that party dress.”
- Tom Petty


“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy,
a quickening that is translated through you into action.
And because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique.
And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium
. . . the world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine how good it is,
nor how valuable, nor how it compares with other expressions.
It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly,
to keep the channel open, and to live it.”
- Martha Graham



“I work hard. But I hate hard workers.
Things must appear to be casual. You have to be serious, but don’t flaunt it.
Deep down, my mother was very serious, 
but she always exuded frivolity, not taking anything seriously, impervious to circumstance.
It is like being political:
Be so, but don’t go on about it.”
– Karl Lagerfeld


“We should be great,
each one of us radiant,
full of music and full of stories!” 
– Monica Shannon

 ”I like women who work, who make something of their lives…
immensely beautiful, with an interesting soul…
strong and aggressive in the most elegant way.”
- Francois-Marie Banier


“Every great dream begins with a dreamer.
Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience,
and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
-Harriet Tubman


“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and giving thanks,
let your requests be made known to God;
and His peace, which surpassed all understanding,
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”
–Phil. 4:6-7


“I’m tasting the stars.”
- Monsieur Dom Perignon


 ”I can be light as air or stay grounded.
Dance really is another universe.” – Shakira

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...