.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PINTERVENTION

Who else is addicted to Pintrest? I mean, it's sick. 
SICK!



Here is the thing, though. It isn't that I am such a social media addict. Folu of Whiskey Soaked hilariously tweeted that Pintrest is the social media equivalent of "fetch" (#stoptryingtomakeithappen), and normally I would agree with that opinion of new outlets, as I barely participate in the existing ones. My tweets mostly consist of retweeting quotes I just want to write down or articles I want to read later, and facebook doesn't get much more love. I don't even know what foursquare is. But Pintrest, as it turns out, is kind of the solution to all of my problems.


The reason Pintrest has turned out to be a Godsend hearkens back to the day I first started ESS. My Mac had stopped working, and the Apple Genius guy, looking at me like I was the biggest idiot, stated, "You save way too many jpeg files onto your hard drive. You need to back up, or just post them all on a blog to free your memory." Well, the Genius had it right. A lifelong hoarder of inspiration, I save magazine tears, great quotes scribbled on Post-Its, and every book and issue of Vogue I've ever purchased. Similarly, I compulsively right-click "Save Image As" whenever I see an inspiring online image, thereby bogging down my hard drive to the point of exhaustion. Well, it's one thing to put every saved file onto ESS, but I continue to see new beautiful images every day. What is a hoarder to do?


Pin It, that's what.

Add this link to your Bookmarks Bar (as stated above), and you can gather all of your images onto virtual Pinboards rather than saving them to your computer. Plus, you can easily organize your boards, something I never did with my picture files. Now that's genius.


Don't be discouraged by the overwhelming amount of content dedicated to DIY, weddings, and weird pictures of food. Almost all of your favorite magazines, bloggers, and brands are getting on board to create a beautiful Pintrest world. Some of my favorites are Peter SomKate Spade, Oscar PR Girl, Honestly WTF, and Kate @ Wit + Delight. You should join today if you haven't already. 

Happy Pinning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...