.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DIANE VON FURSTENBERG: THE FILM





From DVF.com:


DIANE:
When it was suggested to me by David Lipman that I shoot our next DVF campaign, I was taken back… although my camera is always with me and I use a lot of my photos for inspiration, I focus most on still lives and snapshots, and it never crossed my mind that I could do that…
IT IS TRUE THAT I REALLY KNOW WOMEN…
IT IS TRUE THAT I AM INSPIRED BY WOMEN AND DESIGN TO INSPIRE THEM…
So maybe, my eye through the lens and and my words could trigger emotions…
BE THE WOMAN YOU WANT TO BE.
But I did not want to shoot a model, I wanted a young, smart, beautiful woman at the beginning of her life… so I chose Ali Kay. When I saw the final images, I could not believe that we had done it! They are glamorous… full of life, color, and emotion. I look at them and see the prints, the clothes, the surroundings… I see myself as well as all women, and it is that reflection that embodies the spirit of DVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...