.

Monday, March 29, 2010

LOVELY LOS ANGELES

When one thinks of Los Angeles, one may think of big city hustle or Hollywood grunge, 
but there is so much warmth and charm to be found in this town, especially on foot. 
I am lucky to live in the Miracle Mile/ Third Street/ Melrose district
just shy of West Hollywood and in between Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
I like to jog from Third Street to Santa Monica Boulevard for exercise, 
my girlfriends and I like to walk to Beverly for the little shops and Melrose for brunch.
It's nice to run errands to the Grove and Trader Joe's while walking as well.
Here are a few things that have caught my eye, although this is in no way
a comprehensive collection of what the neighborhood has to offer.
Mostly I love the little doll-like houses.
Just a few treats snapped on my Blackberry!

On my way to Trader Joe's to pick up some Barefoot Bubbly 

Yes I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma alum and still love fleur-de-lis haha.

This old tree is beautiful. I also love the curved archways 
and the wooden columns framing the big window. 
(I don't know anything about architecture so I lack the proper terms, 
but you know what I mean.)

Little Hansel and Gretel house.


Pan Pacific Park.

Love the interest above the windows and doors, the brick and the shutters,
and the way the yard is elevated and set deeply back from the sidewalk.


Tell me this is not a little fairy tale house!


I wish the entrance to my place was like the Secret Garden.


Now it is dusk.


I had to get a closer shot of this darling chandelier, but it's quite blurry.
Creepy? Maybe. Whatever, I love inspiration!

Little paper lantern in a tree on the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...