.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

5 (MORE) LIFE-CHANGING BEAUTY PRODUCTS

A few weeks ago, I confessed that while I am much more of a fashion girl than a beauty maven (Sephora is like a different planet to me... or like a Sports Chalet), there are 5 beauty products that I feel are life-changing. When you find the things that simplify your routine and make you feel refreshed, healthy, and beautiful, your life really can be changed in a small-- but profoundly significant-- way. It got me thinking, there are a few more things that I really appreciate having in my (minimal) beauty routine, so I thought I'd add 5 more products to the list of life-changers. What do you think-- have you found any products that have been life-changing for you?


1. Clarisonic Skin Cleansing Systyem




Exfoliating is one of the most satisfying beauty rituals ever. It's the equivalent of giving your kitchen a good scrub-down-- and if you're slightly OCD like me, you know how great that feels. The Clarisonic Cleansing System is the best at-home way to get that satisfying scrub-down for your face. The brush has three speeds to clean you face up to six times more effectively than with your hands alone, extracting blackheads and eradicating dead cells.You will not believe the difference in your skin's texture the first time you use it. For me, that first time was three years ago, and I still could not live without my Clarisonic.


2. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy






Although this lip treatment is a little pricey for a lip balm (whatever happened to good old Lipsmackers?), for me it was absolutely worth it. I get very dry lips that are easily irritated by many products (sorry, Bonnie Bell), but this treatment soothes and repairs with natural ingredients like orange extract and plum seed oil. Plus, the added Hyaluronic Filling Sphere "plumps the lips and fills volume". I have no idea what that is, but it does what it says, and my lips feel poutier after using. Plus, it smells, well, fresh!


3. Dove Beauty Bar


I have used this no-frills, classic soap literally my entire life. My mom used it on me as a baby, and I have never given it up. Besides the familiar, clean, subtle smell, I love the way my skin feels after using it. You can even use it on your eyes to gently remove makeup before using cleanser. Other body washes and soaps can be harsh, drying, and too scented, but Dove is always simple and consistent. Plus, it has "one-quarter moisturizing cream"!


4. Moroccanoil Treatment
Moroccanoil is a super versatile argan oil that can be used as a styling product when hair is wet, a finishing product when hair is done, and just about everything else in between. It conditions and repairs with fatty acids, omega-3's, and antioxidants, and the smell is absolutely heavenly. I don't know how, but just a few drops of this luxurious oil will solve any problem causing lackluster locks, from fly-aways to dullness to dryness. I've also tried the brand's hairspray, shampoo, and conditioner, but you can't beat the original oil treatment. It's the only product you'll need.




5. Vitamins


Don't you hate when celebrities claim that the only thing they do to look that good is "eat healthy and take vitamins"? You want to tell them to cut the bs, but they do have a point-- all the Botox and Creme de la Mer in the world won't make you look good if you don't take care of your health (Lindsay Lohan, we're talking to you, girlfriend). I know I look exponentially less haggard when getting the right nutrients and taking vitamins: pores are smaller, skintone is more even, eyes are brighter. Taking advice from expert articles and considering my body's own needs, I try to take a multi-vitamin, calcium + Vitamin D, fish oil, folic acid, B12, a cranberry supplement, and a probiotic daily. Seven pills seems like a lot to swallow (haaa), and I don't always stay on course, but I really do notice a world of difference when doing the right thing for my body. And that is something that is truly life-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...